Do you need sandbags?
As part of the City of Long Beach El Niño Preparedness efforts, Long Beach CERT will be hosting SANDBAG SATURDAYS in the coming weeks!
Come and fill your own sand bags with assistance from CERT & Search and Rescue personnel. Both sand and sandbags will be available FREE on site:
- Fire Station 1, 100 Magnolia Avenue, on January 16, from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Fire Station 11, 160 E. Market Street on January 30, from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Fire Station 5, 7575 E. Wardlow Road, on February 13, from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Additionally, sand and sandbags may be obtained ANYTIME from these designated locations:
- Fire Station 7, 2295 Elm Street
- Fire Station 12, 1199 E. Artesia Avenue
- Fire Station 13, 2475 Adriatic Avenue
- Fire Station 14, 5200 Eliot Avenue
- SAND ONLY available at 1651 San Francisco Avenue at Esther Street
- SAND BAGS ONLY available at the Lifeguard Headquarters, Junipero Street Parking Lot at the 72nd Place Life Guard Station, and ALL Long Beach fire stations
Note: There is a limit of ten (10) sandbags per person per visit.
This service is made possible by the Long Beach Fire Department, Long Beach CERT, Long Beach Search & Rescue, and the Department of Public Works.
For more information about sandbags, call (562) 570-2525 or email email@example.com.
For more information about disaster preparedness, visit www.longbeach.gov/disasterpreparedness.