The next meeting is Thursday, November 3rd, in person in the PRM Admin Building at 3:30pm.
The Purpose of the Golf Advisory Committee is to provide a mechanism for ongoing citizen input to the Director of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine, who is the City Manager's designee for the operation of the City's municipal golf course system
The general duties of the Committee will be to:
- Suggest and/or review proposed modifications to the City's Golf Operations Manual, and various Policies and Procedures for the City's Golf Operation.
- Suggest and/or review proposed changes to the City Golf Course Fees.
- Recommend annual expenditures from the City Golf CIP Fund.
- Apprise the Department of trends and issues in the golf business.
- Perform such other tasks as requested by the Director in furtherance of the Purpose of the Committee.
It is expected that members of the Committee will commit to offering their best judgment and recommendations on the proper management of the City's Golf Operation as an asset of all residents of the City of Long Beach.
It is expected that the Committee will meet quarterly, but will also have an active Sub Committee structure with responsibilities for:
- Fees and Charges
- Infrastructure and Capital Improvements
- Maintenance and Environmental Best Practices
- Policies and Procedures
If you are interested in being considered for an appointment to this Committee, please download and fill out the application. If you have any questions, please contact Superintendent of Golf Operations Bob Livingstone at (562) 570-3122. While not required, City of Long Beach residency will be considered in determining appointments.
Golf Capital Improvements & Infrastructure Sub-Committee
Friday, October 18, 2019 at the PRM-L at 1:30 pm.
AGN Golf Advisory Committee
November 14, 2019
AGN Golf Capital Improvements & Infrastructure Committee
November 14, 2019