Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine Department will offer more sessions beginning April 12 through June 18 for four important programs that safely engage youth, including the Mobile Recess Program, After School Camps, Community Learning Hubs and the Virtual After School Program. Registration for these free and low-cost sessions begins on Friday, March 26.
To ensure the health and safety of all camp participants and staff, all summer camps will adhere to the following COVID-19 safety protocols:
- Health screenings for participants and staff.
- Limiting the number of participants in each camp.
- Maintaining a 10:1 participant-to-staff ratio.
- Implementing physical distancing protocols, including at check-in and check-out.
- Cleaning and sanitizing facilities multiple times each day.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all high-touch areas frequently.
- Requiring face coverings for participants and staff.