Heartwell Park Golf Course
6700 E. Carson Street
Long Beach, CA 90808 (map)
Land Area: 18-hole, par 54
Heartwell is an 18-hole par-3 course that was opened in 1958. The Clubhouse was built in 1962, and in 2016 underwent a renovation to bring back the Mid-Century Modern architecture and feel. While it is a great course for beginners, the small, sloping greens also offer a fun and challenging experience for accomplished golfers, and it is recognized as a great place to work on your short game.
With lights to allow play and practice until 10:00 at night, Heartwell has arguably the most utilized driving range and practice greens in the greater Long Beach area.
Heartwell is the home of the Long Beach Junior Golf Association and on any given Friday many of the 400+ members of the LBJGA can be found getting instruction, practicing, playing for fun or competing.
Heartwell was the course where Tiger Woods played his first round of golf and his original scorecard is preserved in the Long Beach Junior Golf Building at the end of the parking lot, along with some other memorabilia from his youth and from the Tiger Woods Foundation Clinic that he conducted in Long Beach in 2004.
For information on the Long Beach Junior Golf Association and related programs, visit the Junior Golf section on this site!
Total Holes: 18
Tee Yardage Rating Slope Par Regular Blue 2,143 50.1 0 54
- Designer: William F. Bell
- Year Opened: 1958
- Tees (Grass Type): Bermuda
- Fairways (Grass Type): Bermuda / Kikuyu
- Greens (Grass Type): Poa Annua
- Driving Range: 30 Range Stalls. Grass tee available Monday - Wednesday
- Pro Shop: Stocked with an array of affordable golf merchandise
- Cart Rental: 18-holes or 9-Holes electric cart rental available
- Chipping Green(s): Conveniently located in front of the clubhouse
- Practice Bunker(s)
- Pull Cart
- Putting Green(s): Two full size putting greens
- Rental Clubs: Nike Rental Sets
- Onsite Pro: PGA Professional onsite. Adult, Junior and Private Lessons available.
- Restaurant: Serves a variety of hot and cold dishes, sandwiches, snacks and beverages. Take-out available.
- Club House
- Snack Bar