Recreation Park South
9-Hole Golf Course
5000 E. 7th Street (map)
Land area: 9-hole, par 31
Often referred to simply as “Little Rec”, The South Course at Recreation Park is a 9-hole executive course opened in 1928, and is a gem for all levels of player. The four par-4 holes vary from short and flat to long and hilly, and in the summer of 2009, there was extensive work done to enhance the course. This work included enlarging the 1st green, adding or rebuilding bunkers on three holes, redoing the cart paths and adding over 100 trees.
The last four holes go across 6th Street and include views of the Colorado Lagoon. Several projects have been completed to restore the Lagoon to its past condition and have resulted in even better views from the course. In 2016 the City of Long Beach approved FootGolf as a recreational activity at Little Rec so that even more people could enjoy this parkland area.
Total Holes: 9
Tee Yardage Rating Slope Par Back Blue 1,929 29.4 87 31 Middle White 1,768 29.0 83 31 Front Silver 1,703 29.3 89 31
- Year Opened: 1928
- Tees (Grass Type): Bermuda
- Tees (Grass Type): Kikuyu
- Greens (Grass Type): Bent / Poa
- Pro Shop: Carries the latest collection in golf apparel, equipment and accessories. Open 30 minutes before sunlight and closes 30 minutes after sunset.
- Cart Rental: Electric carts available upon request
- Chipping Green(s): Multiple practice chipping greens are available for the refining of your short game
- Pull Cart: Pull Carts are available upon request
- Putting Green(s): An over-sized practice green is available to develop your putting.
- Onsite Pro: Staffed with PGA and LPGA professionals we have individual and group lessons available.
- Snack Bar: Adjacent to the Pro Shop is our Snack Bar. The perfect place for ice cold beverages before your round or a great place to get a bite to eat after you have played. In addition there is a BBQ Grill on the 6th Tee.