Skylinks 18-Hole Golf Course
4800 E. Wardlow (map)
Land Area: 18-hole, par 72
Originally opened in 1959, Skylinks underwent a complete closure and renovation in 2004, and upon its re-opening in October of that year, it was recognized as the “Renovation of the Year” by CERTIS Magazine. The renovation included a change to Bermuda Grass fairways, and while the original routing remains basically intact, two lakes and a stream on the original layout were changed to four lakes in the current layout, and the total number of bunkers is now nearly 70. The City of Long Beach and American Golf are currently in the process of rebuilding multiple bunkers on the course each year to make them more playable for the average golfer while still remaining challenging to exceptional players.
Skylinks serves as the satellite course for the first and second rounds of the annual Long Beach Open and the course is considered one of the premier daily-fee courses in the greater Los Angeles-Orange County area.
Total Holes: 18
Tee Yardage Rating Slope Par Long Beach Open Black 6,909 72.6 130 72 Back Blue 6,343 68.8 118 72 Middle White 6,060 66.4 113 72 Forward Red 5,573 72.7 122 72 Junior Gold 5,370 65.1 110 72
- Designer: Cal Olsen
- Year Opened: 2004
- Tees (Grass Type): Bermuda
- Fairways (Grass Type): Bermuda
- Greens (Grass Type): Bent
- Driving Range: Night-lit 7 days a week
- Pro Shop: Fully stocked gift shop and some refreshments available.
- Cart Rental
- Chipping Green(s): Two, including newly constructued (2009)
- Practice Bunker(s): Two, including newly constructed (2009)
- Pull Cart
- Putting Green(s): Two, including newly constructed (2009)
- Rental Clubs: $20 to $40
- Onsite Pro: Spencer McDaniel
- Restaurant: 3 meal restaurant
- Snack Bar: 3 meal restaurant
- Cocktail Bar