Sunday, April 21, is the Easter holiday as well as the busiest day of the year at El Dorado East Regional Park. To better prepare for a visit to El Dorado, and for the safety of all who visit, the public is advised of the following rules:
- The holiday parking rate is $8 per car, cash only.
- Parking on the grass is prohibited; vehicles parked on the grass will be ticketed or towed.
- Park hours are from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. All visitors must leave the park by 8 p.m.
Parks, Recreation and Marine officials also offer a number of tips to help visitors make the most of their day at El Dorado Park:
- Barbecue grills, picnic areas and shelters are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Extra parking and picnic space is located in Area 3, north of Wardlow Street; please follow the signs to the overflow lot.
- Unloading and loading areas will be available along the interior roads (please do not block traffic); drop-offs and unloading are not allowed on Spring Street or Wardlow Road.
- Arrive early; park officials will close the gates to vehicles once the lots are at capacity.
- Vehicles exiting the park may not be granted re-entry if park closes for capacity.
- El Dorado Nature Center will be closed.
In addition to picnicking and shelters, the 388-acre park is full of amenities, including bicycle trails and playgrounds. El Dorado East Regional Park is located at 7550 E. Spring Street.