Long Beach, CA - The Long Beach Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine
(PRM) is extending its free after-school youth programs through December 2021, with registration opening at 10 a.m. Wednesday, September 22.
“We are proud to offer after-school programs that provide kids across the city opportunities to make friends and take part in valuable, no-cost recreational activities,” said Mayor Robert Garcia. After-School Programs
The fall/winter programs for children ages 5 to 12 take place after school, at varying times per location, on weekdays. The current session ends October 1, with the next session running from October 4 through December 17.
Participants receive homework assistance and enjoy enrichment activities and games.
After-school programs take place at the following parks:
- Bixby Park, 130 Cherry Ave., 562.570.1601
- Cesar E. Chavez Park, 401 Golden Ave., 562.570.8890
- College Estates Park, 808 Stevely Ave., 562.570.1617
- Coolidge Park, 352 E. Neece St., 562.570.1618
- Drake Park, 951 Maine Ave., 562.570.1625
- El Dorado Park West, 2800 N. Studebaker Rd., 562.570.3225
- Houghton Park, 6301 Myrtle Ave., 562.570.1640
- MacArthur Park, 1321 E. Anaheim St., 562.570.1655
- Martin Luther King Jr. Park, 1950 Lemon Ave., 562.570.4405
- McBride Park, 1550 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., 562.570.1605
- Orizaba Park, 1435 Orizaba Ave., 562.570.1427
- Pan American Park, 5157 E. Centralia St., 562.570.3297
- Ramona Park, 3301 E. 65th St., 562.570.1665
- Scherer Park, 4600 Long Beach Blvd., 562.570.1674
- Seaside Park, 14th Street at Chestnut Ave., 562.570.1625
- Silverado Park, 1545 W. 31st St., 562.570.1675
- Somerset Park, 1500 E. Carson St., 562.570.1690
- Stearns Champions Park 4520 E. 23rd St., 562.570.1685
- Veterans Park, 101 E. 28th St., 562.570.1695
- Wardlow Park, 3457 Stanbridge Ave., 562.570.1705
- Whaley Park, 5620 E. Atherton St., 562.570.1710
Advance registration is required. To sign up, visit the PRM website
. In-person registration is available at each of the listed sites above (please call for registration times).
For any activities held indoors, facial coverings will be required for all attendees, regardless of vaccination status, per California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidance and the City of Long Beach’s Health Orders
. Information regarding other PRM programs is available on the PRM website
or by calling 562.570.3150.