Long Beach, CA - The City of Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine Department (PRM) will offer several new, in-person recreation classes for people of all ages beginning in September. All classes will adhere to current COVID-19 safety protocols.
“We’re excited to bring a variety of recreation opportunities to the community for folks of all ages to be able to enjoy this fall,” said Mayor Robert Garcia.
Fall class registration will be available online starting at 8 a.m. August 16, 2021, at longbeach.gov/parks or by calling 562.570.3111. In-person registration is also available at the PRM Administration Building, 2760 N. Studebaker Rd., by appointment only.
The following in-person classes have been added to the schedule:
- Preschool Classes: Cooking Thyme!, Amigos and Bamboleo Amiguitos (Spanish Immersion), Horse Fun for Preschoolers, Reading, Math & More Preschool, D-Up Tiny Ballers, HoopsterTots, Mommy/Daddy & Me Soccer, Multi Sport Tots, Pre Soccer and SoccerTots
- Youth Classes: Basic Cooking for Kids, Cake Design, Children’s Dance Workshop, Horse Fun for Kids, Math Development 2-6, Reading Development 2-6 and K-1, D-Up Ballers, Jujitsu, Karate, Shotokan Karate, Skatedogs, Skateboarding and Soccer 1 Techniques and Teamwork
- Teen Classes: Basic Cooking for Teens, Children’s Dance Workshop and Online Drivers’ Education
- Adult Classes: Fast Quilt, 2 Step & Swing, Almost Ballet, Argentine Tango, Line Dancing, Dog Behavior Training 101 Positive Reinforcement, Dog Behavior Training 201 Positive Reinforcement, Online Computer and Internet Courses, Horse Fun for Adults, 40-30-20 Interval Training, Aerobics Lite, Affirmations & Hatha Yoga, and B.L.A.S.T. Total Body Fitness, Capoeira, SCI-Cardio Sculpt Low-Impact Aerobics, Fusion Pilates Conditioning, Pilates MAT Fitness, Yoga with Lacey, Zumba en Español, Jujitsu, Karate and Shotokan Karate
- Adults 50+ Classes: Senior Line Dancing, Chair Based Yoga, Gentle Yoga – All Levels, Senior Fitness, and Zumba® Gold Toning with Stretch
Details regarding fees, class descriptions, locations and other instructions are available upon registration.
Information regarding other PRM programs is available on the PRM website or by calling 562.570.3150.