Community Clean-up Events Return With New COVID-19 Protocols in PlaceRelease Date: 2020-10-29
Beginning Saturday, October 31, 2020, the City of Long Beach will once again be offering citywide community clean-up events. As a result of COVID-19, community clean-up events were temporarily suspended until new health and safety protocols could be put into place.
Neighborhood association clean-up events are currently being offered on Saturdays. In the future we plan to provide resources for individual households that wish to conduct clean-ups throughout the week. Community members interested in hosting or participating in a clean-up event will be required to follow current Health Order Guidelines, including:
- Clean-up participants must wear face coverings and gloves.
- Clean-up participants may not share tools with others outside of their own household.
- Clean-up tools must be disinfected.
- Clean-up participants must follow physical distancing guidelines and remain 6 feet apart.
- Clean-up events will be limited to three households in one area.
- Clean-up events will be limited in duration.
- Clean-up materials will be distributed and picked up at a pre-determined time and location to promote a contactless process.
- Clean-up events must be scheduled in advance.
To inquire about a clean-up event, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Clean-up Protocols - English/Khmer
COVID-19 Clean-up Protocols - English/Spanish
COVID-19 Clean-up Protocols - English/Tagalog