Public Works Engineering Standard Plans
The standard plans available on this page have been prepared for the guidance of engineers, contractors and developers who have an interest in the preparation of plans and the construction of facilities and improvements under the jurisdiction of the City of Long Beach.
The Standard Plans are to be used in conjunction with the currently adopted edition of the Standard Specifications, and the Long Beach amendments to the Standard Specifications.
Conformance with these standards will reduce design costs and the processing time needed to review and approve plans. These standards may be modified from time to time, as required.
NOTE: Some Standards are mentioned by reference only. For separate listings of these Standards, please click on the links below. For more information on the referenced standards, please visit the following sites:
- Caltrans Standard Specifications
- Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction (SSPWC) and Standard Plans for Public Works for Public Works Construction (SPPWC)
- City of Long Beach General Roadwork - SPPWC
- Traffic Striping and Pavement Markers - Caltrans
- Traffic Signals - Caltrans
- Storm Drain - SPPWC
- City of Long Beach Standard Practice for Traffic Control Plans