Social Media Terms and Conditions
The City of Long Beach, California created social media pages to provide people who live and work in Long Beach, visitors or others with an interest in the City of Long Beach, access to information from, and a platform with which to interact, with the City of Long Beach.
Before posting or submitting content on the City of Long Beach social media pages, please review these terms:
- A posting or any other submission to the City’s social media pages constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- The posts and comments expressed on a social media network on the City’s social media page by the members of the public do not reflect the opinions or endorsements of the City of Long Beach, its officers, or employees. The City of Long Beach does not claim or assert any ownership interest in any of the material posted here by the public, but by posting or submission of any materials on this site, the public is granting the City a royalty free, non-exclusive and perpetual license to display it on the City’s social media page and, in the City’s sole discretion.
- “Liking,” or other connections between the City of Long Beach and another person/organization, does not imply endorsement of that person/organization or that person/organization’s actions or comments.
- The content on the City’s social media page is not entirely controlled by the City, and day-to-day social media content is not retained on the City’s servers. All social media sites that the City participates with are owned and operated by third party entities not affiliated with the City of Long Beach. The City of Long Beach does not endorse any link or advertisements placed on this site by the social media site or its vendors or partners.
- The City of Long Beach reserves the right to remove and hide comments and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate or offensive material meeting the standards set forth in Section V.E.9 (of Administrative Regulation 8-34 – City Social Media Policy), and as determined by the City of Long Beach.
- The City of Long Beach has the right at all times to disclose any information to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; and to edit, refuse to post or to remove or to store any information or materials posted here. All information posted to the City of Long Beach’s social media sites shall be deemed a public record, which the City will disclose without any prior notice to you.
- The City of Long Beach does not accept any statutory notice required to be given to the City of Long Beach by any law, regulation or contract on social media websites. All such notices shall be provided and delivered to the City in the manner described by applicable law, regulation or contract.
- Social media users should ensure social media content posted serves the public in a civil and unbiased manner.
The City of Long Beach reserves the right to remove without notice any comments or submissions that meet the standards set forth below including, but not limited to, comments or submissions that:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or violate the legal rights of others.
- Include sexual content, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, racism, hatred, slander, threats, and/or violence.
- Include personal attacks, defamatory attacks, or comments disparaging an individual or group based on ethnicity, race, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or other protected basis under federal or State statues, or City policy.
- Promote or endorse commercial entities, commercial causes, or commercial products.
- Promote or endorse political campaigns, candidates, or organizations.
- Contain spam or advertisements.
- Contain personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy.
- Include material having intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks, or any other propriety property that belongs to another person or organization.
- Contain links to websites or links that do not directly relate to City services, issues, news, and events.
- Promote illegal activity.
- Compromise public safety or operations, or contravene law.
- All content posted to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, or other social media networks are bound by their respective Terms of Service and the City of Long Beach reserves the right to report any violation of said Terms of Service with the intent of those social media networks taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
- The City reserves the right to report any account that it determines may be operated by a social media bot to the social media network with the intent of those social media networks taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
- A comment posted by a member of the public on any City social media site is the opinion of the commenter or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, the City of Long Beach, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the City of Long Beach.
Contact the City of Long Beach:
If you have any questions or comments, or for more information about these terms, please feel free to contact:
City Manager's Office
City of Long Beach
411 W. Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802