Ranchos Walk 2023
Join us for Ranchos Walk on Saturday, September 23rd, to experience the beauty of Long Beach's urban habitats through this year's native plant theme by following a high ridge trail that links Rancho Los Cerritos and Rancho Los Alamitos. The 9.4-mile scenic walking route will start at the entrance to Rancho Los Cerritos and then connect to Willow Springs Park, Hilltop Park, Reservoir Hill, and the CSULB campus and finish with a celebration at Rancho Los Alamitos. Walkers also have the option to register for abbreviated 3.5 and 6-mile routes, starting from Reservoir Hill and Willow Springs Park respectively. Register for your preferred route today!
Online Registration closes Thursday, September 21st at 12:00 PM. Limited day-of registration is available at the start locations based on capacity:
- 7:00 - 8:30 AM: Check in for the full Ranchos Walk at Rancho Los Cerritos (7:30 - 8:30 AM) or at the CSULB shuttle pickup (7:00 - 8:00 AM) near the lawn at 1201 Palo Verde Ave
- 9:00 - 10:00 AM: Check in for the 6-Mile Ranchos Walk at CSULB or Willow Springs Park, 2755 Orange Ave
- 10:00 - 11:00 AM: Check in for the 3.5-Mile Ranchos Walk at CSULB or Reservoir Hill, 3601 E Pacific Coast Highway
- 10:30 AM: Festival opens at Rancho Los Alamitos
- 2:00 PM: Ranchos Walk 2023 closes, last shuttle leaves Rancho Los Alamitos
Parking is available at CSULB lot E6, at 1201 Palo Verde Avenue (parking is $12 for the day). Shuttles will leave from CSULB and drop participants off at their registered start location. Limited free parking is available at Rancho Los Cerritos, along Reservoir Drive near the 3.5-mile start point, and at Willow Springs Park for the 6-mile start point. Carpooling, public transit, and active transportation is encouraged. Shuttles will be available at the end of the walk to take you back to your starting point.