Pacific Coast Hwy. & Redondo Ave.
This small open space provides a great place to stretch and get back to nature with beautiful jacaranda trees and green grass to tickle your toes.
This passive park with lawn and trees is located at Redondo Avenue and Pacific Coast Highway. It was left over land from the realignment of Redondo Avenue. The East Long Beach Improvement Association suggested the name and the park was named by City Council resolution on February 17, 1953. The neighborhood where the park is located was named Zafaria after the Pacific Electric Railway depot built at Anaheim Street and Obispo Avenue, in 1904. It is a Spanish word meaning small village or ranch house site. The area adjacent to the depot was settled as early as 1899. The Zafaria community centered on Anaheim Street, between Temple and Loma Avenues, extending north of Pacific Coast Highway and south to 11th Street. The Pacific Electric linked Zafaria with Long Beach, via its new Redondo Avenue and East Broadway lines, in 1907. These lines have been removed.