Long Beach Airport
Update: We've extended our hours!
The Badging Office is now open in its new location in the
Nuspace building at 4401 E. Donald Douglas Dr., on the First Floor.
Located in the Nuspace building
4401 E. Donald Douglas Dr., First Floor, Nuspace
Email for General Inquiries:
|Email for New AOA or Decal applications:|
To make a SIDA or signator training appointment, please click here.
Hours for walk-in services:
Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
The last applicant will be taken 1-hour prior to office closure
- New Application drop-offs
- AOA Renewals
- SIDA Renewals
- Sterile Renewals
- New AOA applicant training and same-day pick-up
- Sterile ID Media training and same-day pick-up
- Issuing of Vehicle Decals
- Fingerprinting - Required for New SIDA and Sterile applicants - Bring a completed application and two forms of ID
When visiting the office, please remember to sign in on arrival. The last applicant will be taken 1-hour prior to office closure.. Please provide the appropriate documentation and Identification when requesting service. "Acceptable Forms of ID Guidelines" can be found on our website. Mutilated, laminated, or illegible IDs will not be accepted. Names must match on each ID and be the individual's legal name.
Hours for SIDA training classes:
SIDA Training Classes for New Applicants
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Wednesday: 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- SIDA renewals will be done on a walk-in basis.
- To make a SIDA training appointment, please click here.
Hours for virtual signatory training:
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Signatory training will continue to be offered virtually.
- To make a virtual signatory training appointment, please click here. Alternatively, you may call the office.
To streamline virtual services, the Badging Office has created a new email address for application submissions. Please use the new email LGBbadgeapps@longbeach.gov for virtual application submissions that meet the following requirements:
- New AOA Applicant
- Sterile or SIDA applicant that has previously had their fingerprints vetted through LGB Airport but has let their ID Media expire
- Vehicle Decal Submissions
For more information on any of our services, please call 562-570-2618 or email us at LGBBadging@longbeach.gov.
- Applicants and Long Beach Airport badge holders are required to bring two (2) valid forms of identification to the Badging Office to conduct fingerprints or any badging transactions (ex. renewals, new application, picking up a new badge, replacement badge & etc.)
- Names must match EXACTLY on all valid forms of identification
- Badges are eligible for renewal up to 60 days prior to badge expiration date.
- Beginning June 18, 2021, individuals may only apply for ID Media using the “ID Media Application” identified by “Form No. 1002” on the bottom left-hand corner of the application.
- For all Part 1544 Air Operators, we will no longer require a CHRC certification letter. The section titled "Signatory Certification and Fingerprint Request" within the application will be replacing the certification letter.
- SIDA badge: No Processing Fee for New Applicants
- Sterile Area badge: No Processing Fee for New Applicants
- AOA badge: No Processing Fee for New Applicants
- Replacement fees for ID Media are as follows:
- First replacement ID media - $150
- Second replacement ID media - $200
- Third replacement ID media - $250
- If you have lost 3 ID Media within a two-year timeframe, you will no longer be eligible for ID Media at LGB.
- Charges for lost ID Media:
- If a company Signatory or the ID Media holder informs the Badging Office that the ID Media will no longer be in use due to termination of employment or any other reason, the ID Media must be returned within 30 days of the notice.
- If the 30 days pass and the ID Media with a valid expiration date remains unreturned, the company or agency will incur a non-refundable fee.
- The fee will follow the above incremental fee schedule.
- Fees are invoiced directly to the company. The Badging Office does not handle transactions regarding fees and any invoicing questions should be directed to the LGB Accounting Department.
When visiting the office, please remember to sign in on arrival. The last applicant will be taken 1-hour prior to office closure. If the office is at capacity due to health order requirements or processing availability, applicants will be notified upon arrival. Please provide the appropriate documentation and Identification when requesting service. "Acceptable Forms of ID Guidelines" can be found on our website. Mutilated, laminated, or illegible IDs will not be accepted. Names must match on each ID and be the individual's legal name.
From the 405 Freeway: Exit Lakewood Boulevard northbound. Proceed past Spring Street and turn left at the next stoplight, Donald Douglas Drive.
From the 91 Freeway: Exit Lakewood Boulevard and proceed southbound approximately four miles. Turn right at Donald Douglas Drive.
View parking information here. (Please bring parking ticket for validation.)
Please note: Access to the historic terminal is limited to the north entrance (nearest Baggage Claim.) To access the Badging Office, please use the north entrance. The Badging Office can be found upstairs, at the north end of the building.
Long Beach Airport uses a Vehicle Identification Decal to identify vehicles authorized to access LGB’s Decal Access Areas.
Decal applicants are welcome to apply during walk-in hours or are encouraged to submit applications digitally to LGBbadgeapps@longbeach.gov.
To apply for a Vehicle Decal, you will need to provide the following:
- Vehicle Decal Application (Form 1009)
- The older version (Form 1008) will not be accepted
- Signatory authorization represented by the signatory’s signature on the application
- Vehicle registration or rental car agreement
- Must provide the registration of each vehicle that needs a decal
Decals are required on any street-legal vehicle with a windshield. If you are unsure if your vehicle needs a decal, please call the Badging Office at 562.570.2618.